ModularLine Burst Tester for Paper
DIN EN ISO 2758
Product code: 63000
• Measuring range: 20-2,000 kPa
• Burst tester for paper; also available for board (measuring range for board: 20-10,000 kPa)
• Touchscreen for convenient control.
• Safety protection
• Also available for inverted tests
• Display of burst curve, optionally available with BEA (Burst Energy Absorption) value
The PTA-Line Burst Tester has a built-in industrial PC and displays burst curves and results on the well-arranged touchscreen. The instrument is available as standard device (bulging of the diaphragm from below) or with inverted measuring direction (diaphragm bulges from above).
The Burst Tester F18532 displays the results on the well-arranged digital display.
The Burst Tester works according to the Mullen principle: A piston pumps glycerine under the circular elastic diaphragm. The diaphragm bulges and distorts the sample, which is clamped around its periphery by means of a clamping bell. Pressure is increased until the sample bursts. The instrument
is equipped with a safety cover.
The sample is placed between clamping bell and diaphragm. After pushing the start button, the sample holder lowers and clamps the sample. A hydraulic piston pumps glycerine at a constant rate under an elastic diaphragm. The sample is bulged until it bursts. The burst value is displayed. The piston returns to its initial position, the sample is released and the instrument is ready for further tests. The statistic menu shows individual and statistic values (min, max, average, and standard deviation). Model P63000 also displays the results graphically. The values can be processed via MiniStat or PaperLIMS or printed.
• Hydraulic system
• Motor driven
• Pneumatic sample clamping
– Clamping pressure adjustable up to 5,000 kPa at 600 kPa air pressure
– Testing surface 730 cm², diameter (30.5 ± 0.05 mm)
• Burst pressure measuring range: 20-2,000 kPa (F18532)
• Digital display of burst value and statistic functions (F18532), graphic display of graphs (P63000)
• Accuracy: ± 1 % of the display range
• Diaphragm diameter: 75 mm
• RS 232 interface for result transfer or printer connection
• Compatible to MiniStat or PaperLIMS
Electricity: 110–230 V, 50–60 Hz
Water supply: None
Compressed air: 400–600 kPa
Dimensions (WxDxH): 27x68x60 cm (F63000), 22x63x52 cm (F18532)
Net weight: 55 kg
Gross weight: 70 kg